When I see pictures of mother and baby animal pairs like these,
I am reminded that just like humans, most animal mothers nurture and love their young with fierce protectiveness.
It is this very bond and protectiveness that a mom has for her child that is the inspiration behind the pattern for this handmade card for Mothers’ Day.
What you will need :
- Pattern for Elephant and Bird Mother and Child
- Colour paper (At least 100 gsm)
2. You will have two separate cut outs of the Elephant and Birds Mother and and Child Pair
3. Cut alone the line markings on the pattern, and join the two ends of the bird pattern by inserting the line cutouts, one into the other.
4. Cut alone the line markings on the pattern, and join the two ends of the elephant pattern by inserting the line cutouts, one into the other.
This card can be used as a standalone card, or a gift tag on a present for mom.
Here’s a quote for all mothers reading this post;
“She is the creature of life, the giver of life and the giver of abundant love, care and protection. Such are the great qualities of a mother. The bond between a mother and her child is the only real and purest bond in the world, the only true love we can ever find in our lifetime.”
- Ama H. Vanniarachchy
Here’s wishing all Mothers a wonderful Mothers’ Day this coming weekend!